Here are tips to make sure you are prepared for storm season:
- Clean out gutters and downspouts.
- Check the roof for any broken or missing tiles or shingles.
- Check all exterior walls for any caulking failure.
- Replace caulking around windows and doors as needed.
- Check the health and position of all trees and landscaping for any potential wind damage issues.
- Remove all trash, leaves and other materials away from the exterior of your home.
- Check drainage around the foundation of your home.
- Clean out exterior drains.
- Check weather stripping.
- Keep a back-up supply of water, flashlights and candles in the event of a power failure.